Sunday 28 July 2013

, , , , , , , , , , ,

La Ronde!

Saturday was a long, 12+ hour day BUT amazing and super fun, even for someone like me who isn't a big fan of huge rollercoasters! As part of the Six Flags franchise, La Ronde definitely did not disappoint. We got to see groups from all over the country and met many new people as well as met up with old friends.

I would have to say that the favourite for me of the day was Splash, although it is absolutely true that if you stand on the observation bridge you will get more soaked than if you were on the ride. We all experienced that! The Ferris Wheel gave you a really nice view of the man made island that La Ronde sits on, which was breathtaking. To be honest, I did a lot of the milder rides. The most exciting thing I did was my camp namesake, Dragon. It was Restaurant O.Noir all over again, but.. meh.





The highlight was definitely the feu d'artifices (fireworks)! This contest that is held in La Ronde features many countries and is the largest contest of its kind in the world, which was quite impressive! Canada was putting its fireworks magic to the test last night and was a big hit!


 
I loved spending time with my friends, trying the different rides and just taking in all the scenery and Quebec-ness that was all around me. It was an amazing day and I had the best company to pass it with :)
 
I have a video for you, but I will have to post that later for you guys. I'm sure you will all enjoy it :) In the meantime, we are thisclose to having to leave Quebec! </3
 
 
I hope that I'm going out later for the remainder of the weekend... fingers crossed! This is how we live it up in Quebec !
 
a prochain,
 
Rachel
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment