Wednesday 31 July 2013

, , , , , , , , ,

"This Marshmellow's On Fire...."

Hey everyone! This post will be a combination of Tuesday night's soiree feu (bonfire) and today's camp du jour outing. Let's get to it! :)

Tuesday night was amazing, and unfortunately it will be the last time that the seven of us as a Surrey group will see each other, because as this weekend is Family Day weekend, we will all be doing different things with our  host families. The next time we see each other will be next Wednesday during our croisiere (cruise) with most of the other YMCA groups that we spent the summer with, Friday for our fete de depart (going away party... </3) and then four full days of train through Canada.

But back to less depressing matters...

The seven of us went to Janie's parents' house to have a bonfire and to chill and unwind. Spencer brought the guitar, so coming soon, you might find us on Youtube. Or not. But we got to roast marshmallows and sausages and just have a good time with each other.  Check out some of the pictures!

my gorgeous ladies, Fiona (L) and Helen

Patrick selfies...

LOL

I love this YMCA family <3
 
........................................................................................................................................
 
Today at camp everyone of every age group was going on a bike trip. As I was with the older group, 9-12, we went out to Joliette to a public pool. Our trip took us through St. Paul (coincidentally we passed by the Camp du Jour at St. Paul where Spencer works), passed through a bridge over riviere l'Assomption (the Assumption River) and biked through Joliette. In total, going and returning, we biked about 25 km. Unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera along to take pictures of some of the amazing scenery that we passed. It was a long day with really hot weather but it was totally worth it - I saw a lot of new things that I probably wouldn't have been able to see alone.
 
 
It's been a great trip, and I'm sad to say that it is coming to an end very soon. I don't want to see it end, and I feel like this trip has gone by so fast. I've met new friends, tried new things and learned different things about the Quebecois culture.
 

Alright, let's get some music going. I think this song pretty much describes our trip, and my coworker was blasting it today while we were biking: "Good Time" by Owl City ft. Carly Rae Jepsen.
 

 
a bientot,
 
Rachel

0 comments:

Post a Comment