Monday 15 July 2013

, , , , , , ,

Le Weekend a Quebec (samedi - partie une)

Bonjour everyone! Ca va? I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, I know that I certainly did!

Just a couple housekeeping things before I start:

1. I just wanted to say that there will be three posts to this weekend's story to avoid really long posts that are eternal: Saturday, Sunday, and vlogs

2. In case you think I'm being a Captain Obvious, we went to Quebec City which is sometimes referred to as just "Quebec", similar to the way there is New York City within the state of New York.

3. While some photos will have faces in them, for the sake of repeats, most of these pictures will be scenic. All my photos from this weekend (all 100+ as well as the ones from the beginning of the trip!) can be found on my Facebook.

Now we can begin!

Our day began bright and early as we bussed out from Terrebonne to Quebec City. The bus ride was 3 hours and wasn't too bad. I was sitting next to Spencer and he is a fun bus buddy.

Our arrival in Quebec City was perfect timing for lunch. We walked as a group to the Quebec Parliament buildings. They are very majestic with statues of important Quebecois historical figures all over the building. While I didn't get to see the inside, the outside was just as amazing. I found out throughout the day that there were many statues and busts of important figureheads all over the city.

Not all but the main part of the building.. all the darker figures are the statues

In front of the massive fountain! (L-R me, Helen, Fiona, Valerie)

Surrey repping!  (L-R Spencer, Helen, Fiona, Patrick, Valerie, me, Tianna)

Terrebonne Est family!
While some of our friends with the YMCA were doing a tour (the tickets sold out!), our group went off to explore Quebec City and the souvenirs it had to offer. Eventually we met up with some of our Langley friends... check out how European it looks!
Staring contest with Winston Churchill

walking down the street


L-R: Prabhjit, Steven, Nathan, me, Helen, Fiona, Spencer, Patrick

$10 clearly not wasted
 

<3
My adventure buddies for the remainder of the day (Helen, Fiona, Nathan, Patrick and Spencer) walked down past the Fairmont Quebec, onto the boardwalk until we stumbled onto the Citadelle de Quebec, a historical site we had no idea was there. Climbing up the hill and the stairs were a nightmare especially in the extreme heat (made me think of Mr. Cabralda and all his "hikes") but when we got to the top, the view was amazing and breathtaking.
 
photo creds to Spencer :)

The Fairmont

the view part one

enjoying the view


on the boardwalk

?

the view part two

adventure buddies!
 
Walking about in the Citadelle was an interesting experience. It is a military installation right next to the Plains of Abraham that we unfortunately did not go to see. But we did get some cool pictures!
on the wall of the Citadelle


with one of the guards that you would see in Britain!

 
Our eventful walk turned into a nice chill out session back at the parliament which then lead to a frenzy: someone neglected to tell us that both Down With Webster AND Marianas Trench were in town that night! We had to go to dinner at La Maison du Spaghetti (which was really good) and then Spencer and I did get a sneak peek...
 
Helen's caricature!

waiting for Marianas Trench </3

lasagna... :D

DOWN WITH WEBSTER IN THE FLESH !!!!!
 
That night we walked about 20 minutes to see Cirque du Soleil by the water... while the walk was tiring (especially since I was walking for 5 hours before!), the evening scenery was spectacular!
captured the moon right above the Fairmont

my girlies :) (L-R Fiona, Helen, Valerie et moi)

Cirque du Soleil!

le gang! (L-R Helen, Fiona, Steven, Patrick, Silken, Damon, me, Nathan, Tianna, Prabhjit)
 
The show was amazing, with all its drama, dancing and danger. The acrobatics and dancing made me jealous because I can do neither, but it was really fun to watch. I congratulate all the members of the show on their amazing work and effort!
 
We rode our bus for one hour to our place to sleep: a haunted gym. Just kidding, but the fact that there was a cemetery right by there didn't help it either. We were sleeping in a school that had a tiny gym, causing everyone to compacted and squished up against one another.. we got there just after midnight, so no pictures there.
 
 
See you in the next post, I will leave the song for then.
 
A prochain,
 
Rachel


0 comments:

Post a Comment