Friday 5 July 2013

, , , , , , ,

Je Touche du Bois

You know how in English we have the phrase "knock on wood"? That's what it is in French, and that describes my situation at the moment.

See, I said earlier in a past post that Quebecois kids were easier to handle, but after working with 4-6 year olds, I found that no matter where you are in the world, that age group is probably the most difficult to handle. It was even more difficult for me because of the language barrier, obviously, but also the fact that I can't really assert any sort of authority. The kids were actually making fun of me and making racist jokes against my culture! Honestly it made me really mad, but I know that this is only the beginning. As my dad said, "it gives more incentive for you to actually learn the language." That is my mission for the remainder of my time here in Quebec.

Meanwhile, everything is going well. The weekend is here, so I am excited for the activities that I am going to be doing with my YMCA family such as the beach and Arbraska (high ropes in the trees).

Also, guess who cooked dinner for her host family? I made garlic salmon, a recipe brought all the way from the west coast... c'etait tres facile! (it was very easy)

 the salmon right out of the oven

voila! bon appetit!
 
 
That's all for now, as there wasn't anything spectacular that happened recently. This weekend will be a blast, I can feel it! I'm also going to try and get those vlogs from the Jazz fest up soon as well.
 
 
For whatever reason, this song is playing everywhere in Quebec, and it's not even French nor is it a new song... I'm not joking when I say that I hear it at least once a day. So here it is: "Don't You Worry Child" by Swedish House Mafia ft. John Martin
 
                                          
C'est la weekend!
 
Rachel

0 comments:

Post a Comment