Saturday 10 August 2013

, , , , , ,

Departures.

Waking up this morning was quite a challenge, but it was a different challenge from all the other days that I had to get up early for work: this time, I had to come to terms with the fact that I was going to leave this place that I called home and go back to my real home (after 4 long days on the train!).

It is going to be an interesting trip back as I have never taken a train before as a mode of transportation. While Skyping my mom this morning I was doing a final check and packing all my belongings to get ready for departure. Even my breakfast was sad that I was leaving!

 
After a lot of good byes and a lot of pictures with my host family, we drove to the gare central in Montreal to meet up with Janie and the rest of the Surrey group. We met many people along the way that we will be spending the next four days with. The goodbyes were difficult and waiting to board the train was difficult too, but as of now I am blogging from the train.
My host family and me:

So it is with great regret that I inform you that wifi will be no more as of 10 PM tonight Eastern time...  we arrive at Union Station in Toronto at about 8PM tonight and leaving at 10. While we ride through the Prairies there will be really spotty connection. As we pull into major cities and stops I will put little updates along the way, just keep a look out :)

As for a song, I wonder what that will be today... well, here goes nothing. I love this song, so I hope you enjoy this too. There really is no relevance to be honest, I just like the song. "Industry" by Jon McLaughlin.


Au revoir, Quebec,

Rachel



 


0 comments:

Post a Comment