Saturday 6 July 2013

, , , , , , , ,

Our Day at the Beach!

Bonne weekend tout le monde! (happy weekend everyone!) We had a wonderful day at the beach today at Rawdon, a beach about 40 minutes away from where I am currently living at. The sun was shining and thank goodness there was a breeze, or else I'm pretty sure I would have melted.

We met up with the people from the Langley YMCA group, and it was nice to see each other again after our travel day and our pre-departure meeting! Even though we only stayed a couple hours, it was a nice relaxing way to make up for the fact that most of us were chasing after little kids (where as some people were surrounded by chocolate!)

A couple of us swam across the lake to a dock that is floating on the other side... it was tough and tiring but it was worth it! It is really too bad that I don't have a waterproof camera so that I could take pictures while on the other side. We all got to chill out and then we swam back... I felt so athletic at that point! (:

A lot of my pictures do the explaining, as well as the vlog that I made at the beach (yes, I made yet another one!):

 
my 4 girls ready for a day at the beach! (L-R Valerie, Fiona, Helen, Tianna)

beach selfies!

chips... (L-R Tianna, me, Helen, Fiona, Valerie)

The lake... I successfully swam from one end to the other :)

More beach selfies, pardon my hair (L-R Helen, me, Fiona)

avec the Langley YMCA group, love Silken's face! (L-R Spencer, me, Nathan, Damon, Silken, Prab)

Langley+Surrey repping! (L-R Tianna, Fiona, Spencer, me, Nathan, Damon, Silken, Valerie, Prab, Patrick, Helen)
 
 And for your entertainment, here is the vlog! It was brought to my attention that my other two vlogs didn't play... I will get right on that bug and fix it. Check it out again in a few!
 
:)
 
And my song... I heard this on the radio today on the way to the beach. It's interesting because the radio DJs speak in French but this station in particular played all English songs. One of my favourites and I know it's my mom's as well, so this one's for you, mom :) "Just Give Me a Reason" by P!nk ft. Nate Ruess.
 

alrighty, that settles today. bon soir,
 
Rachel


0 comments:

Post a Comment