Thursday 8 August 2013

, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Dance the Night Away!

It is with mixed emotions that I write these last few posts while actually in Quebec - part of me really wants to stay longer, get to know all the people that I spent the summer with a lot better, take more pictures, do more activities... but I also know that all good things must come to an end, and it would be really nice to spend some of this summer with my family and friends back home. I feel quite torn, c'est tellement difficile pour moi!

Wednesday night was our party night on a cruise. There were 6 YMCA groups - 3 from Ontario, 2 from BC, and 1 with kids from all over the country - and we spent this last night altogether, partying and living it up. This was the group of people that we braved a ghetto gym with, so I think we're all pretty bonded :P Everyone was dressed very nice and it seriously felt like prom or something... I just loved seeing all the wonderful dresses and suits and ties (there goes "Suit and Tie" by Justin Timberlake again...)

Unfortunately for us, the weather wasn't quite in our favour... il a plu un petit peu! (it rained a bit) but that didn't stop us from having a good time. From the time we got on to the time we were forced off, we were all dancing in the rain, dancing on the floor or on the open air deck. It was a wonderful time and a great way to hang out one final time with one another.

Just take a look at this crazy party:












 

Like I said, it's quite difficult to fathom the fact that I called this place home for the past 6 weeks. I have started to assimilate myself and suddenly, it's all over. Crazy how time flies when you have fun, I believe I've heard that expression before ;)

In the meantime, I hope that everyone enjoys their last couple days.

This is a really cute Quebecois song that I hear all the time: "Ca Fait Rire les Oiseaux" by La Compagnie Creole.


a tantot,

Rachel

0 comments:

Post a Comment