Friday 9 August 2013

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Le Dernier Journee

Je suis tres triste, parce que demain, je pars pour Vancouver. I am sad because I am leaving Quebec, my home away from home for the past six weeks. I miss home just as much as I want to stay here, so inside of me all day was a gigantic tug of war between the two places.

It was a bunch of lasts of sorts today: it started with the last day of work with the Camp du Jour Crabtree. My coworkers and all the campers were kind enough to make me a huge card that was filled with well wishes and much thanks. While there were a lot of things that I did grumble about and kids that I found annoying, in truth it was all a rewarding experience and I did grow bonds with many of these kids. I will miss a lot of them, my coworkers and just the entire camp and all its activities and quirks. It was the last time that I rode a bicycle to work as well. *Siiiigh*....
It is currently past midnight, so it was officially last night (or tonight, ton choix) that we all went to Patrick's host family's home for our fete du depart. It was a wonderful night filled with laughs and good times and music, and it was all very bittersweet for me... it's crazy to think that 6 weeks has come and gone, just like that. To quote Patrick, "I still remember the welcome barbeque. It felt like such a long time ago but really, it wasn't". I think we all feel the same. The good news is that we get to spend four more days on a train together, and since we all live so close, it will be possible to hang out during the summer and the rest of the year and hopefully into the future.

The "sweetest" part would have to be the cakes that were made for us... we really are the"Terrebonnest"!

Patrick!

Fiona and Valerie!

Trampoline with Valerie and Patrick!

It's okay, don't cry you guys! :P

the wonderful cakes :)

Packing was depressing, but I believe I am finished and all set. I pray that no baggage is over weight, fingers crossed.

Tonight Spencer and I did a Marianas Trench mash up of "Beside You" and "By Now", so I think that since tonight is a special night, here are two songs... those two listed above :)

"Beside You"
 
"By Now"
 
 Our train ride begins tomorrow and lasts for four days. I am praying for WiFi so that I can update every so often. In the meantime, I thank you all for reading and following along. It's been a pleasure <3

bon retour tout le monde,

Rachel

0 comments:

Post a Comment