Thursday 11 July 2013

, , , , , , , , ,

Volunteering with the YMCA

Salut! Today was a Hollywood themed day at our Camp du Jour where everyone was dressed to the nines in fancy clothes. We had face painting and manicures (even for the boys!) as well as activities that were "celebrity/paparazzi" themed. C'etait tres amusant! :)



Les garcons et les filles... tout le monde est tres belle/beau!
 

Les animateurs et animatrices! (L-R [back] Girafe, Praline, Cachou, Moi [Dragon] Nemo, Malajube, Sun; [front] Milou, Bidule)
Got inked, no big deal (credits to Cachou for the sick Dragon!)
 
Our benovolat (volunteer work) with the YMCA gang was pretty fun: we were going around to different stores, passing out flyers about the public market in Terrebonne and Masscoushe (that we will get to go to!). Our reward? Quebecois poutine! (from a McDonald's...) Here is a vlog to sum up our work:
 
 
And the poutine? Patrick and I made a deal - he would pay, but I would have to order in French. Sounded good to me! :)
 
the anticipation...the gravy-cheesy goodness...

voila! poutine! (first time this trip!)

Thanks Patrick! (photo creds to Janie !)
 
C'est fin maintenant... I have a short day tomorrow at work (off at 1:30PM? AWESOME!) and then its our wonderful and exciting trip into old Quebec with the entire YMCA, meaning EVERYONE from all over Canada. Can't wait!
 
 
And my song... currently playing on my playlist as I post this and also my workout jam as I begun doing zumba in the mornings to get me moving. Not lying, about the song or the fact that I'm actually working out. "Music Sounds Better With You" by Big Time Rush ft. Mann
 

 
 
 

 bonne nuit,

Rachel
 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment