Monday 15 July 2013

, , , , , , ,

Le Weekend a Quebec (dimanche - partie deux)

Salut encore! (hello again!)

Sunday was an early day too, as we woke up at about 7:45 am to get ready for Valcartier, a waterpark similar to Cultus Lake. When you have 50+ girls sharing a two sink, three washroom stall bathroom, it gets catty. Congratulations to the girls that got up at 5 to do everything they needed to do before the rush ensued.

Breakfast was picked out by each of our coordinators (I believe there were five YMCA groups in total: Surrey, Langley and three from Ontario). Janie got us croissants, chocolate croissants and berries <3

We rode the bus to Valcartier for under 5 minutes. The weather was amazing and the cement was hot, but it was an awesome day. There was a huge wave pool (where you could literally drown), many slides that are similar to the ones that we have back home as well as slides that had stories and themes attached to them, similar to how when you wait in line for a ride in Disney World, they pump all this imagery and information into your mind about what is going to happen.

I will admit it here and now that I did chicken out on one slide, Everest. It was pretty vertical the first part of the way down. I walked all the way up with my friends, got my mat on the top and looked over the edge and turned around and walked all the way down, alone. It didn't help that there were young kids running up the stairs in the opposite direction. Oh well, at least everything else was really fun and not as scary. I loved the tube rides, and the ones where there were rapids pushing you along as you reclined in your tube.

Pictures - there are only a couple, because I didn't want to kill my camera halfway through the trip:







 
 
We were in Valcartier from 10-3, and we left Quebec at 4 for an arrival back in Terrebonne at about 7. I then went to Spencer's house to chill for a bit: failing at Rock Band because I never play.
 
So that was the weekend! Vlogs and videos to come in the next post which will be up shortly.
 
My song for you tonight - while us Trenchers were waiting in hopes to catch a glimpse of Marianas Trench, we were all singing a cappella to random MT songs, such as this: "Celebrity Status" by Marianas Trench
 

 
a prochain,
 
Rachel

0 comments:

Post a Comment